I’m sure we’ve all read that we need to eat healthy, and balance or diet and so on.
Acid, and alkaline are pH levels in our body, let’s look at the benefits of balancing our pH levels. And also, let’s look deeper into a healthier diet, and it’s benefits.
The pH value ranges from 0–14:
- Acidic: 0.0–6.9
- Neutral: 7.0
- Alkaline (or basic): 7.1–14.0
Acidic food are items such as: Processed foods, Sugars, Grains, sodas, and so on.
The symptoms of having too high of an Acidic pH are: Fatigue, headache, sleepiness, lack of appetite.
Hence, if you have low energy, try changing your diet to a more alkaline diet. I have low energy sometimes, so I try to work on this.
So let’s just into this. The benefits of an Alkaline diet:
- Reduces inflammation. Hence your muscles will work better. Can also reduce back pain!
- Age relating muscle wasting can be slowed down by a alkaline diet!
- helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol which are big risk factors for heart disease.
- Some studies suggest that cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment, but I’m not sure if that’s 100% true, maybe too extreme? IDK
Following an alkaline diet means choosing fruits and vegetables over higher-calorie, higher-fat choices.
Foods that contain more alkaline are foods like: fruits, nuts, legumes, and vegetables.
Food that are more acidic: meat, poultry, fish, dairy, eggs, grains, alcohol.
So in general, what I try to do is eat 5-10 fruits and vegetables a day, and eat nuts for more protein.
I love lemon juice, but I read that it doesn’t help balance your pH much, that it just adjust the pH in your urine. I drink it anyway. It helps your body absorb vitamin C, which helps your immune system, which is great for winter months.
Some health benefits of lemon juice:
- Can lower cholesterol
- Contains a lot of vitamin C, yay for the immune system!
- Increases energy and metabolism.
- Decreases inflammation in the body
Sound just like the benefits of eating healthier and having an alkaline diet. I love lemons so I put lemons on my food, and in my water! I struggle with energy and a sluggish metabolism, so I don’t mind trying lemon juice, it’s yummy.
I also love fruits and veggies, I feel so much better when I eat healthier.
I have a demanding job, and kiddos at home to raise, that deserve my best. I need to be healthy and have energy!
Hope this blog post helps, or encourages!